We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully, as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Boss Monster Inc. (“Boss Monster,” “We,” or “Us”) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you, as part of the Boss Monster website, software application, and embedded widgets found on other sites (collectively, the “Service”).
For those in the European Union, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Information collected by us: In the course of providing you with the Service, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Your username, email address, and password during the creation of your account on the Service or in communicating with us on or off the Service (your “Account Information”).
- Your billing address, PayPal account information, and credit card information, during the setup of purchasing methods on the Service (your “Billing Information”).
- Your physical address, phone number, birth date, business name and information (including names of owners and management), IRS tax withholding form information, PayPal and bank account information, identification card number, and tax ID/social security number, during the setup of withdrawal methods on the Service (your “Withdrawal Information”).
- Your display name, profile images or photographs, biographical information, location, gender, website links, and social media information during the setup of your public profile on the Service (your “Profile Information”).
- Your IP address, browser type, and information about your activities on the Service are collected automatically while you use the Service (your “Automatic Information”).
- Your driver’s license or other government-issued identification information, and certain other information may be collected if we need to verify your identity for legal purposes (your “Identity Information”).
Information we collect from third parties: We may collect personal information from our affiliates and third parties. Here are a few examples:
- If you link a social media account to Boss Monster, or sign up with one, we’ll receive information from that social media profile, including Profile Information defined above and information about your friends and contacts that you share with us.
- Advertisers may let us know you installed a new app or game or made a purchase, so we can determine whether we showed you an ad for it.
- If you interact with one of our advertisers, they may share information with us to help target or measure the performance of ads.
Who we share your Personal Information with: No one, ever.
Google Analytics: We may use third party website analytic tools such as Google Analytics on website, that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of the website.
How long your Personal Information will be kept: We will keep your Personal Information for the length of time that the website exists, once the company or website close, your information will be deleted. We do not verify the correctness of personal data that we collect or you provide.
Please note that some data may be retained if necessary to resolve disputes, enforce Boss Monster user agreements, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of the Service.
Reasons we can collect and use your Personal Information: The laws in some jurisdictions require that we notify you of the lawful basis for collecting your Personal Information.
To the extent that such laws apply, we rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
- Consent: At times we may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data on the basis of your implied or explicit consent.
- Furtherance of legitimate interests: We may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data in furtherance of those legitimate interests of ours which are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms as set forth in the applicable laws. These legitimate interests include, but are not limited to, (i) providing you with the Service, (ii) protecting our users, staff, and property from fraud and other harm, (iii) collecting information on how you use the Service in order to optimize the design and functionality of the Service, (iv) display personalized advertisements, and (v) communicating with you via e-mail for communications you have explicitly opted into (e.g., notifications about new products and services) or for communications regarding your account on the Service.
- Legal compliance: We may collect, process, store, transfer or disclose your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
Cookies: When you use the Service, a number of cookies are used by us and by third parties to allow the Service to function, to collect useful information about visitors, and to help to make your user experience better.
Depersonalized Information: We may make your Personal Information non-personally identifiable by either combining or aggregating it with information about other users, or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable. This process is known as de-personalizing your information and is used to analyze usage and improve the Service.
Children’s Privacy: We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13, allow them to create accounts, sign up for newsletters, make purchases, or browse the Service. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of EU users between 13 and 16. Boss Monster takes children’s privacy seriously and encourages parents to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times. We urge parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without parental permission, when on-line. If you have any concerns about your child’s personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Boss Monster is based in Canada. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of your information in and to the U.S., and other countries, in accordance with the privacy policies of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
Under the laws of some jurisdictions, including the General Data Protection Regulation in the EEA, you have a number of important rights with regard to your Personal Information.
- By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfill a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased. This process may take as much as 30 days for full erasure of your data, and in some cases, we may be required to retain some of your data for the purposes of stopping fraud or other legal and contractual requirements.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for a period of time, if you believe we are not doing so lawfully.
- Finally, in some circumstances, you can ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated processing or profiling.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask for additional verification information, such as your username, email address, and any other information required to be sure that you are the owner of that data.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email communication from us, you can also click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. It may take a few days for this to take effect.
If you are a California resident, beginning on January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives you the following rights:
Right to Know: You can ask us what personal data we hold about you and request a copy of the information. This information includes:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect the personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete: You can request that your personal information be erased. However, there are some exceptions to this right, in situations where we:
- Need to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service that you requested, or that is reasonably anticipated within our ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or to otherwise perform a contract between us.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Need to comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with us.
- Need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Right to Opt Out: Boss Monster does not sell any of your personal information for any purposes.
The CCPA allows California residents to “opt out” of the sale of your personal information, and if you are under the age of 16, it gives you the right to “opt in” to any sale of your personal data. You can reach the opt out page by clicking here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Other Rights: In addition to the rights above, you also have the right to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request. This request is free and may be made only once a year.
You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights of California residents listed in this section.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights listed above, please email us at email@example.com.
We hope that we can resolve any questions or concern you raise about our use of your Personal Information. Please contact us via email to let us know about any of your questions or concerns, and we will get back to you to resolve the issue.
If you are an EU citizen, the General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
You can find a list of the supervisory authorities and their contact information by clicking here.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. When we do, we will inform you via email to the email address you have provided us with through your account, or by sending a message to your account on the Service.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common ID Cookie
Advertising Privacy Settings
When you use our site, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content. You may revisit or change consent-choices at any time by clicking here .
Cookies enable us to customize and personalize your experience on the Boss Monster website, including keeping you signed into your account, and personalizing the games and promotions that are offered to you. Essentially, a cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and is stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Yes, you have several choices with respect to cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies.
However, the Boss Monster website uses cookie-based authentication. If you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to log onto your account or use our services.
If you have any questions, please contact us at mailto:email@example.com.
Common ID Cookie